privacy & security
Move beyond passwords. Quiks users login with their mobile number and receive a code to authenticate. Businesses also add other users—avoiding password sharing.
built using DWOLLA
Quiks is built using Dwolla’s Application Programming Interface (API) which protects customers’ data through secure servers and a world-class cloud environment. Dwolla’s servers are encrypted with 128-bit or greater encryption controlled by Transport Layer Security (TLS), and sit behind firewall and intrusion protection. Our cloud service offers a highly secure environment with a dedicated security team.
verified by your bank
This is between you and your bank. Users login and verify directly with their bank.
private means private
Privacy by default! Quiks does not share any of your data with third parties. No extra steps are necessary to ensure account privacy.
Our commitment to privacy.
Quiks, Inc. understands the importance of our clients knowing how their personal information is collected, used, and shared. We take your privacy seriously and understand that you may have questions or concerns regarding your personal information and how it will be used. It is our primary concern to provide exceptional service to you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any privacy-related questions you may have.
Information we collect.
We collect the personal data necessary to ensure that our users will enjoy the maximum benefits of our application. Payment/donation data is collected from US users where this functionality is currently available. We share your personal information with our partner Dwolla. We do not share/sell any personal information with marketers or solicitors.
- First and last name
- Mobile phone number, type of phone, country of origin of mobile phone number, unique token from mobile phone
- Date Quiks account was created and updated
- Login information – every time the user logs in • User profile image
- User contact list and all updates to the list
- Relationships between user and contacts • Email address
- Nickname of the bank account used in Quiks app and account existence (no bank account number is saved by Quiks)
- Undelivered text messages, including images, text, location, audio, and creation date
- All public posts
- All payment information including all transactions between individual and businesses/nonprofits, amount, date, business/nonprofit name, source account and reference, payment/donation
- Recurring payments and schedule
- Business/nonprofit name
- Doing Business As (DBA) name
- Business/nonprofit type
- Custom URL
- Accept tips and/or donations
- Email address
- Account administrator’s name, mobile phone number, country of origin of mobile number, contacts, contact relations
- Business/nonprofit logo
- Business/nonprofit contacts including full names and phone numbers
- Information automatically collected.
When you visit our website, use the mobile application, or use our web-based services we receive technical/statistical information which helps us track how you use our services, analyze how we may improve the functionality of our site or app, and save your log in information.
How we securely store and handle your data.
We use third party servers, all located in US data centers, to securely store your personal information. The third-party servers we use protect your information through physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with US federal and state regulations. In addition we use TLS encryption for any data exchange between our clients and the servers.
We make every effort to ensure that your personal data is secure. If Quiks is informed of a systems security breach we will notify you and do everything on our end to correct the issue and notify you.
How we use information we collect.
Quiks collects your personal information with the primary purpose of providing you with the best possible experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services available through Quiks
- Process payments/donations and provide notices to you about your transactions
- Provide you with email notifications regarding the status of your account and/or transactions
- Validate your identity or that of a business/nonprofit
- Perform any legally required responsibilities
How to access, modify, or delete your personal information.
If you are an individual review, modify, or delete your personal information under Profile Settings at any time you log into Quiks app. Payment/donation transactions cannot be deleted at this time. Please contact us at email@example.com for further information.
If you are a business/nonprofit review and modify your information in settings any time you log into your web account.